The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
I've read from past read-a-thon posts that we need to have a strategy for the entire week of the challenge. So basically, because I just got back from a long reading slump, I am a bit slow in reading unlike before. So I choose to read 200-page books and to throw some audio-books so I can listen on my iPod while commuting to and from work.
Time Devoted to Reading
I will be reading a few hours everyday for the entire week. With a day job from nine to six, I can only in the morning (while commuting to work) and at night.
My Goals- Read (3) books on my TBR list.
- Read only from the books that I already own.
- One of the books must be an Audiobook
- Participate in a Twitter Chat
- Comment on other participant's blogs
- My Goodreads page will be updated (linked to my Twitter) throughout the read-a-thon. The featured shelf are the books I will be reading during Bout of Books 5.0.
Books to Read- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
- The Thief by Meg Whalen Turner
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
Read-A-Thon Update: I started reading The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner yesterday and I only finished up to page 36. This is a slightly disappointing progress but I was so dead tired yesterday and only had about three hours of sleep. I promise to make a huge progress today.